Welcome to the NCARC 2017 Hamfest Volunteer’s page! Please check here often as we will be updating this information as the Hamfest approaches!
If you have already signed up to help on event day – thanks! If you have not but are thinking about doing so and would like some more information, please feel free to contact me any time at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Let me know what positions you're interested in doing, and I'll get you in touch with the correct person. If you already know the person listed, feel free to contact them directly!
We will be posting new information on this page often so please check frequently. For 2017 we will be offering half price admission tickets to all volunteers who sign up prior to the event.
Areas we need volunteers for are (position descriptions):
- Set Up (day before)
- Ticket Sales
- Club Signup Table
- PA Announcing
- Radio Talk-in
- Cash Control
- Hamfest Photo/Video
- Special Event Station Operators
- New Ham Event Tour
- Safety Marshall
Important General Information:
- The Hamfest will be held Saturday January 14, 2017 at the Larimer County Fairgrounds.
- Doors will open at 7am for vendors and 8:00am to the general public. We will
need event day volunteers at the facility at 6:30am if possible.
- We will have blaze orange baseball hats so volunteer can be easily identified.
- The facility is large, so everybody needs to have a handheld radio to facilitate communications amongst ourselves when needed. We will be using a simplex frequency of: 147.510 (ARES Channel 19). We will use tactical call signs consisting of your call suffix. Please remember to properly ID when necessary as required. If you don't have an HT, please contact Joe and he will arrange to loan you one.
- We have a Safety Officer who will be onsite during the event. Please let him know if you have any safety concerns to report.
- Make sure that you're being an ambassador of NCARC at all times. Remember when you have your hat on, you're representing the club.
- Make sure to have fun! Volunteering should only be one or two hours of the day.
Current Volunteer Assignments:
|Setup||Day Before (time TBA)||Joe - KD0TYU|
|Special Event Station||8:30 - 12:30||8 - 12||Joe - KD0TYU|
|Club Table||8:30 - end||4||Tim Cottam - W0TJC|
|Main Doors - Vendor||7:00 - 8:00||4||James - KI0KN|
|Main Doors - General||8:00 - 12:30||8||James - KI0KN|
|PA Announcer||8:00 - end||2||Joe - KD0TYU|
|Cash Control||All Day||1||Tim Cottam - W0TJC|
|Hamfest Photo/Video||8:00 - end||1||Joe - KD0TYU|
|Radio Talk-in||7:30 - 12:00||2-3||Joe - KD0TYU|
|Safety Officer||8:00 - end||1||Joe - KD0TYU|