The club holds a technical net on Monday at 6:30 p.m. on the 447.275 (100 Hz tone) This is a great chance for you to ask any question you might have about radios, antenna, or just how to get on with that project. No questions is to simple come join us. Echo link folks please join in.
These sessions are recorded and posted to the "Supplies/Resoures" area of our website for anyone who may have missed a session.
Next week tech net subject on March 20 will be; "Open Forum"
Tech report - March 2017
All parts are in hand to finish the fix. We now have several well qualified volunteers to help.
We expect a trip to be scheduled in 1 to 2 weeks. During that trip, the following work will be performed:
- Replace (2) jumpers between the 1-5/8" hardline running up the tower and the antennas
- Replace a 1/2" hardline run the entire length of the tower with a 7/8" run of hardline
- Rebuild/clean the Diamond X50 antenna that was being used for the APRS digipeater and repurpose it as the voting receiver antenna for the Buckhorn voters.
- Install a new Laird single band 2Meter antenna for the APRS station
- Install the new Radio/TNC setup and connect to the PC to launch the new APRS I-Gate service (This will be W0UPS-10 upon return to the air)
- Take a further look at the on-site generator to determine needed repairs
- Reprogram the Buckhorn voting receivers to have only a single channel (this will fix the 145.115 coming out on the 146.625 problem since someone unauthorized changed the radio channel)
At the conclusion of this trip, we expect to have both UHF and VHF repeaters... more
The next general club will be on Saturday, March 18th , 2017. Club meetings are held on the third Saturday of the month at the Golden Corral, 1360 SCULPTOR DRIVE, LOVELAND, CO It is located off E. Eisenhower (US Hwy 34) with an adjoined Kohl's parking lot. Join us at 8 am for breakfast, then the meeting starts at 9 where the last order of business is a presentation about some aspect of ham radio. Meeting agendas are published before the meeting on the member's area alongside the other meetings minutes.
- 2/18-19/2017 - International DX - CW
- 2/19/2017 - Swapfest - Brighton, CO - http://www.n0ara.org/
- 3/4-5/2017 - International DX - Phone
- 4/1/2017 - LARCFest - Longmont, CO - http://w0eno.org/
- 4/16/2017 - Rookie Roundup - Phone
- 4/21-23/2017 - International DX Convention - Visalia, CA
- 6/10-12/2017 - June VHF
- 6/18/2017 - Kids Day
- 6/24-25/2017 - Field Day
- 8/20/2017 - Rookie Roundup - RTTY
- 9/9-11/2017 - September VHF
- 10/7-8/2017 - EME 50-1296MHz
- 10/8/2017 - BARCfest - Longmont, CO - http://www.qsl.net/w0dk
- 11/4-5/2017... more
The next NCARC Board of Directors meeting will be Tuesday March 14th, 2017 at the Golden Corral in Loveland (the same one as the general club meetings). We'll start meeting there around 5 or 5:30 for dinner and informal conversation. The formal meeting will start at 6:00pm.
Tech report update-
Monday, December 26th a small group of folks went to Horsetooth with me to start the repair work as our climbers were available. We installed the new Isolator and the new Duplexer on the 447.275 repeater. The old 447.275 antenna was removed from the tower and the new one was installed. Unfortunately, during the haul up, the jumper that attaches the new antenna to the main feedline coming up the tower was either damaged or in some way displaced causing a loss of proper connectivity to the antenna (with the suspect connector out on the far cross arm end of the cable). As it was getting cold and dark, and our climbers were very tired after 4-1/2 hours on the tower, we went with "plan b" to get things on the air for the day.
The 144.390 W0UPS-5 digitpeater was temporarily removed from service. The 447.275 repeater was connected to it's antenna and returned to service (it's doing quite well but service area is reduced some due to it's very low mounting location). The 145.115 problem was determined and temporarily rectified to allow it to be returned to service. It's still has a pretty bad desense problem, but we found the source, temporarily... more
The club holds a net each Wednesday at 6:30 pm on the 447.275 repeater (100 Hz tone). This net starts as a formal net with check-ins and an opportunity to ask questions of the board and members. Then switches to an informal net where participants can chat about anything on their mind.
All Meeting Notes, Agendas and Financial Reports are posted on the Members Only page.
Want to have access to the Members Only page, be on the members only mail distribution list and other details related to the Northern Colorado Amateur Radio Club? After joining the club, members are sent information on how to access these areas by logging in. If you are already a member and have not been given access please contact the Webmaster.
If you find any broken links while using these pages, please contact the Webmaster and tell us what you found.